Sunday, December 9, 2012

Do I have to appear in court an uncontested divorce in Missouri?

Generally speaking, the parties in an uncontested divorce can avoid ever needing to appear in court.  In Missouri, many courts allow the submission of a divorce case by affidavit.  This means that instead of needing to appear in court and give testimony on the record, you can simply sign an Affidavit for Judgment when you sign the rest of your paperwork.  Your attorney will then present the Judgment for Dissolution, Affidavits for Judgment, and Settlement Agreement to the Judge.  If acceptable, the Judge signs off on the Judgement and the case is final.  At that point, you are divorced.

Thank you for reading. Please feel free to contact me for more information.

Gerald W. Linnenbringer, Missouri Uncontested Divorce Attorney

No comments:

Post a Comment