Sunday, January 6, 2013

Service of process in an uncontested divorce?

I'm often asked by an uncontested divorce client where his or her spouse will be served.  The answer I give is, they won't be.  In my eyes, if a divorce is truley uncontested, there will not be a need to have the spouse served at all.  Instead, he or she can file a Waiver of Service.

Filing a Waiver of Service eliminates the need to apply for a Summons, pay a process server or the sheriff to serve the spouse, and reduces the time it takes to complete the uncontested divorce process.

Thank you for reading. Please feel free to contact me for more information.

Gerald W. Linnenbringer, Missouri Uncontested Divorce Attorney

No comments:

Post a Comment